Subject: [Lsr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 08:19:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Link State Routing WG of the IETF.

        Title           : IS-IS Flood Reflection
        Authors         : Tony Przygienda
                          Chris Bowers
                          Yiu Lee
                          Alankar Sharma
                          Russ White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-04.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2021-10-21

Abstract:
   This document describes a backwards compatible, optional ISIS
   extension that allows the creation of IS-IS flood reflection
   topologies.  Flood reflection allows topologies in which L1 areas
   provide transit forwarding for L2 using all available L1 nodes
   internally.  It accomplishes this by creating L2 flood reflection
   adjacencies within each L1 area.  Those adjacencies are used to flood
   L2 LSPDUs, and they are used in the L2 SPF computation.  However,
   they are not used for forwarding within the flood reflection cluster.
   This arrangement gives the L2 topology significantly better scaling
   properties.  As additional benefit, only those routers directly
   participating in flood reflection have to support the feature.  This
   allows for the incremental deployment of scalable L1 transit areas in
   an existing network, without the necessity of upgrading other routers
   in the network.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lsr-isis-flood-reflection-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/