Subject: [Lsr] Massive Failure Avoid Mechanism for PUAM/PULSE Solution

From: Aijun Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 17:50:11 +0800

Hi, All LSR experts:

Based on the previous discussions, we can know for IGP solution (PUAM/PULSE), the main argument point is how to avoid the massive failure flooding across the areas.

One simple mechanism in ABR can accomplish this: Set the Maximum Thresholds of such messages in one defined interval. 
If such events are exceeding this threshold in the period(massive failure occur), then ABR can stop advertise such messages to other areas, and raise the alert to the operator.

Can such mechanism relieve the worrying about the massive failure even they occurs seldom in the real network.
If acceptable, we can add such mechanism into next version of the draft.

If not, please state your suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom

---

From: "Aijun Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 08:49:56 +0800

One more comments that I want to correct for the misunderstanding of the
PUAM/PULSE Solution:

The current solutions are not punching a hole on the summary, but want the
internal routers to avoid the trap within the summary that known by ABR.

Is there any other worries for the massive failure avoid mechanism then?

Best Regards

Aijun Wang
China Telecom

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Aijun Wang
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 5:50 PM
To: lsr <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Lsr] Massive Failure Avoid Mechanism for PUAM/PULSE Solution

Hi, All LSR experts:

Based on the previous discussions, we can know for IGP solution
(PUAM/PULSE), the main argument point is how to avoid the massive failure
flooding across the areas.

One simple mechanism in ABR can accomplish this: Set the Maximum Thresholds
of such messages in one defined interval. 
If such events are exceeding this threshold in the period(massive failure
occur), then ABR can stop advertise such messages to other areas, and raise
the alert to the operator.

Can such mechanism relieve the worrying about the massive failure even they
occurs seldom in the real network.
If acceptable, we can add such mechanism into next version of the draft.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom
_______________________________________________
Lsr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lsr