Subject: [Lsvr] Alia Atlas' Yes on charter-ietf-lsvr-00-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 14:13:36 -0800

Alia Atlas has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-lsvr-00-04: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-lsvr/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see the discussion of the interaction between LSVR and BGP routes to be more clearly
called out in the charter, as discussed on the mailing list.  I don't have specific text.

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 06:47:55 -0800

On February 7, 2018 at 5:13:37 PM, Alia Atlas ([email-masked]) wrote:

Alia:

Hi!

I would like to see the discussion of the interaction between LSVR and BGP
routes to be more clearly
called out in the charter, as discussed on the mailing list. I don't have
specific text.

I think the result of that discussion was the following text in the current
version: "The work will include coexistence considerations with BGP
IPv4/IPv6 unicast address families installing and advertising routes into
the same RIB.”

The intent of lsvr is for their routes to not be mixed with other BGP
routes during the selection process, but the interaction would only be in
the RIB (just like lsvr could interact with any other protocol also running
in the same router).  Maybe that needs to be clarified.
Alvaro.

---

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 09:50:48 -0500

Hi Alvaro,

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I think the result of that discussion was the following text in the
> current version: "The work will include coexistence considerations with BGP
Yes - please.