Subject: [ltans] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ltans-xmlers-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 13:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Long-Term Archive and Notary Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extensible Markup Language Evidence Record Syntax
	Author(s)	: A. Blazic, S. Saljic, T. Gondrom
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ltans-xmlers-05.txt
	Pages		: 50
	Date		: 2010-5-8
	
In many scenarios, users must be able to demonstrate the (time) 
   existence, integrity and validity of data including signed data for 
   long or undetermined period of time. This document specifies XML 
   syntax and processing rules for creating evidence for long-term non-
   repudiation of existence of data. ERS-XML incorporates alternative 
   syntax and processing rules to ASN.1 ERS syntax by using XML 
   language.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-xmlers-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 07:54:29 -0400

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-xmlers-05.txt

I have a couple of comments on the format of the document:

#1) The reference section has no normative references but also lists 
about 10 references that aren't categorized as either normative or 
informative.

#2) According to ID-nits, there are a bunch of references listed that 
aren't used:

== Unused Reference: 'I-D.ietf-ltans-ltap' is defined on line 1470, 
but no explicit reference was found in the text

== Unused Reference: 'RFC5280' is defined on line 1494, but no 
explicit reference was found in the text

== Unused Reference: 'RFC5652' is defined on line 1499, but no 
explicit reference was found in the text

== Unused Reference: 'MIME' is defined on line 1516, but no explicit 
reference was found in the text

== Unused Reference: 'RFC3470' is defined on line 1520, but no 
explicit reference was found in the text

#2) The section numbers is a bit odd.  It goes Section 7, Appendix A, 
Section 8.  I think Appendix A needs to be moved to the back of the 
document.

spt

---

From: "Carl Wallace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:46:28 -0400

Greetings,

After a lengthy hibernation period for the working group, last call for
this draft will start today and end June 4th.  Please take some time to
review this draft and send any comments to the list (Sean Turner has
already sent a few).  

Carl

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 4:15 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [ltans] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ltans-xmlers-05.txt
> 
> ______________________________________________________________________
> This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
> For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email
> ______________________________________________________________________

---

From: "Carl Wallace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:51:33 -0400

Just a reminder, the last call for XMLERS ends next Friday - June 4th.

> Of Carl Wallace
> Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:46 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [ltans] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ltans-xmlers-05.txt
> 
> Greetings,
> 
> > This draft is a work item of the Long-Term Archive and Notary
> Services
> > Working Group of the IETF.
> >
> _______________________________________________
> ltans mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltans