Subject: [Ltru] Miscellaneous registry details

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:56:29 -0700

I've been informed that the available reference materials on record-jar
format consider the percent-percent line (%%) to be a record
*separator*, not a delimiter or terminator.  Therefore, the %% lines at
the beginning and end of the registry should be deleted, making the
File-Date record the first line of the file.

Also, the latest draft replaces the underscore in record names with a
hyphen (thus File-Date, Recommended-Prefix, and Suppress-Script).  This
will be reflected in the next registry.

And in my earlier message, I agreed to follow Frank's idea of copying
the descriptions verbatim from ISO standards, including the use of
non-Latin-1 characters and including the mysterious acute accent in
Gwich´in.

Should any of these items be made into tickets in RT?  If not, then I
propose making these changes in the draft registry next weekend (April
30-May 1), or sooner if there is rough consensus to do them, or not at
all if there is consensus not to do them.  "Consensus" in this case
would apply to each item individually.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru