Subject: RE: [Ltru] Re: Compatibility with existing use (LDAP)

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 00:01:35 +0100

Frank Ellermann wrote:
 
> Let's say that all "old" implementations try RTL expecting
> lang-region-more-stuff.  So that's by definition hopeless,
> we can only pray that they understand at least lang-region.

"Expecting lang-region-more-stuff"?

"understand at least lang-region"?

What *are* you talking about?  Please come down to Earth.
The vast majority of implementations simply compare strings, 
removing stuff from the right.  Expecting or understanding 
doesn't come into it.

Misha

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo 

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 01:59:24 +0200

Misha Wolf wrote:
 
> What *are* you talking about?

> removing stuff from the right.  Expecting or understanding

For "expecting" read "one side is old and uses language or
language-region", and for "understanding" read "the old side
doesn't support any language-script constructs".  Bye, Frank