Subject: RE: [Ltru] OT: A Modest Proposal

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:38:05 +0100

On behalf of Klingons and billions of other peoples, I strongly 
object to your proposal which is completely Earth-centric. I 
shall be contacting my legal department.

Misha

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Mark Davis
Sent: 12 April 2005 19:26
To: LTRU Working Group
Subject: [Ltru] A Modest Proposal

Since it is obvious that all applications in the world will require
extremely fine-grained approach to languages, here is an initial
proposal
for development of a separate RFC to deal with them. The goal is to be
able
to describe the variety of speech that each person on earth may be using
at
a given time. Identification is by means of the location of the speaker
and
the time at which the speech could have occurred. The language tag is
given
by the following format (formal ABNF to follow).

XLanguageTag ::= latitude "-" longitude "-" altitude "-" time

[...]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo 

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "L.Gillam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:14:46 +0100

Is there a native Klingon speaker who might be able to assist in 
the geospatial abstraction required?

Misha, you claim to represent billions of other peoples, yet I have
seen no evidence of existence of these other peoples. Will your
legal department be using stylistically similar writing to that you
use when presenting its complaint?

> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Misha Wolf
> Sent: 12 April 2005 19:38
> To: LTRU Working Group
> Subject: RE: [Ltru] OT: A Modest Proposal
> 
>

---

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:48:13 +0100

L.Gillam wrote:

> seen no evidence of existence of these other peoples.

I submit that ample evidence for the existence of extra-terrestrials 
can be found in the ltru and ietf-languages archives.  The mails I am 
referring to all purport to come from the same source and show 
unmistakable signs of being penned by a creature from some parallel 
Universe.

Misha

---

From: "L.Gillam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:19:57 +0100

I see. Then we must stop all activity forthwith to take full account of
the requirements of the creature and change the entire world accordingly
without regard for cost, effort or other such pragmatic considerations. 

Tell me, though, does it *need* language tags?

> Sent: 13 April 2005 15:48
> To: ltru