Subject: RE: [Ltru] [psg.com #882] registry should copy non-English fieldsfrom ISO documents

From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:28:46 -0700

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On
> Behalf Of Randy Presuhn

> Currently, Jefsey, John Cowan, and Ned Freed have written in support
> of including the French names.  Addison Phillips and Randy Presuhn
have
> written in opposition to it.  Numerous others have posted messages in
this
> thread, but their comments have been on the technical details, and
have
> not
> included clear statements of support for or opposition to the
proposal.

Both Mark Davis and I indicated a preference that French names *not* be
included.

> Of those who have been neutral on the question, would Jeffsey's
provisos
> make it unpalatable?

Speaking for myself only, Yes.

Peter Constable

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:37:07 -0700

Hi -

> From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 7:28 PM
> Subject: RE: [Ltru] [psg.com #882] registry should copy non-English fieldsfromISO documents
...
> Both Mark Davis and I indicated a preference that French names *not* be
...

Ok, so my updated tally is:

Pro:
Jefsey Morfin, John Cowan, and Ned Freed

Contra:
Addison Phillips, Randy Presuhn, Mark Davis, and Peter Constable

If  you would like to be in my tally of those in support or in opposition, please
make an appropriate posting to the WG mailing list in this thread.

Of those who support copying available French names (and transcriptions)
for the names of languages, would you be willing to support Jefsey's
provisos?  My "pro" tally is Jefsey Morfin, "contra": John Cowan.

Of those who have been neutral on the question, would Jeffsey's provisos
make it unpalatable to you?

Randy, ltru co-chair