Subject: [Ltru] New version posted: ready for publication??

From: "Addison Phillips" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:27:31 -0700

All,

I have just posted an updated version of draft-01 editor's copy. This includes all of the edits I'm currently aware, including the less subtle variant ABNF. It has been updated using the new xml2rfc and references the latest and greatest IETF process RFCs.

I'm prepared to submit this, barring errors in the document.

Question: what issues remain before this document can be considered in its final form?

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
http://www.quest.com

Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture. 

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:15:42 -0700

I didn't get an attachment and there wasn't a link I assume you mean the
document at

http://inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-registry-01.html

It looks good. I only found some minor stuff.

2.1
[In the ABNF, variant has extra spaces in front.]

2.1.1
[add] All subtags are from 1 to 8 characters in length.

2.2.5
[remove] The maximum length of a variant subtag is eight characters long.

3.1
field = field-name *SP ":" field-body CRLF=>field = field-name *SP ":" *SP
field-body CRLF[Leading spaces shouldn't be considered part of the
field-body, for consistency.] Subsequent records represent subtags in the
registry. Each record MUST contain the following fields: => Subsequent
records represent subtags in the registry. Each of the fields in each record
MUST occur no more than once, unless otherwise noted below. Each record MUST
contain the following fields:
4.1 [some extra you's]
 Some protocols may force you to give a value for the language tag and the
'UND' subtag may be useful when matching language tags in certain
situations.
=>
 The 'UND' subtag may be necessary when a protocol requires a value for the
language tag, or when matching language tags in certain situations.

 The 'MUL' (Multiple) primary language subtag SHOULD NOT be used if the
protocol allows you to use multiple languages, as is the case for the
Content-Language header in HTTP.
=>
 The 'MUL' (Multiple) primary language subtag SHOULD NOT be used whenever a
protocol allows the use of multiple languages, as is the case for the
Content-Language header in HTTP.

6.
 This is a special case of the general problem that anything you send is
visible to the receiving party. It is useful to be aware that such concerns
can exist in some cases.
=>
 This is a special case of the general problem that anything sent is visible
to the receiving party. It is useful to be aware that such concerns can
exist in some cases.

Mark

‎Mark

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Addison Phillips" <[email-masked]>
To: "ltru Working Group" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 16:27
Subject: [Ltru] New version posted: ready for publication??

> All,
>
> I have just posted an updated version of draft-01 editor's copy. This
includes all of the edits I'm currently aware, including the less subtle
variant ABNF. It has been updated using the new xml2rfc and references the
latest and greatest IETF process RFCs.
> Internationalization is not a feature.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----