Subject: [Ltru] Re: [psg.com #878] should the initial registry contents i-d be published as an RFC?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:59:51 +0000

Hi -

(co-chair hat ON)

In  http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ltru/current/msg00023.html the
question was raised whether the initial registry contents, if posted as an i-d,
should be published as an RFC.

The discussion so far has not been conclusive, in my judgement.
I believe the WG feels there to be no particular value in publishing it as an
RFC, so the question boils down to whether providing an i-d to IANA
would be sufficient.  I'd like clarification from our AD on this point.

Unless our AD indicates that there is a clear preference on the part of IANA
to use an RFC, rather than a WG-controlled i-d, as a starting point,
I'm inclined towards the view the the WG should not request publication of
the initial registry contents in the form of an RFC.

Comments appreciated.

Randy

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 20:59:51 +0000

Hi -

(co-chair hat ON)

Comments appreciated.

Randy