Subject: Re: [Ltru] Re: Comment: use VU for Vanuatu (was: remove regionsubtag 200)

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 22:25:44 +0200

At 21:51 11/04/2005, JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
>At 21:01 11/04/2005, Randy Presuhn wrote:
>> > You document that the draft does not match the charter. I noted that, and
>> > also the conflict in the charter which calls for an independence from the
>> > ISO evolutions and the possibility to identify the subtags in the tag. 
>> IMHO
>> > this calls for a request of guidance to the IESG if the debate on the
>> > charter (we still need to have, as Randy underlined it) does not deliver a
>> > solution.
>> > jfc
>>
>>The charter us not up for debate.
>>
>>Jfc: Bogus claims that a co-chair supports a particular position
>>are not a good way to win friends or favorably influence people.

Hi! Randy,
I am sorry, but I do not really see the interest of this. The main purpose 
of a WG is neither to win friends nor to favorably influence people. It is 
to deliver a document which makes sense in addressing a charter, and users 
needs my job in life is to represent and address for 27 years. Subjective 
aspects may be of interest to help the thinking process. They can also 
hamper it.

This being said, IRT "bogus", I quote:

"(co-chair hat ON) Consider it motivation to get these issues resolved. 
Stream-of-consciousness is nice for brainstorming sessions, but we have a 
bunch of specific issues to resolve, as well as a couple of thorny 
questions from the charter that haven't seen much discussion.  The tickets 
will allow us to reach closure quickly on the easy stuff, and I hope keep 
the heavy discussion threads on track."

I long to see now these thorny questions being seriously discussed.
jfc

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru