Subject: [Ltru] New registry

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 07:29:55 -0700

The latest copy of the draft registry is now available:

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/lstreg.txt (CRLF)
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/lf/lstreg.txt (LF)

In addition to the record-jar format, this version implements all of the
content changes described over the past week.

There is still some controversy over some technical details, such as the
line continuation scheme and the /u escaping convention.  Obviously
these still need to be worked out among the group, and if any changes
are decided upon, I will post a new version that reflects them.

I haven't changed any of the links from my home page, and the HTML
version and change-history page have not yet been updated.  Please use
only the links above to access the registry.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:53:30 +0100

Hi Doug,

Thanks for this.  Some comments/questions/suggestions ...

1. Could we replace, eg:

   Description: Chichewa/u003B Chewa/u003B Nyanja

with:

   Description: Chichewa
   Description: Chewa
   Description: Nyanja

?

2. I'm not happy with "Date".  Consider "Deprecated".  Is that not 
a date?  Could we change "Date" to something like "Added"?  I'm not 
sure what the field means (see below) so I can't give a clear 
proposal.

3. What is the derivation/meaning of the date below?

   Type: region
   Subtag: CZ
   Description: Czech Republic
   Date: 2004-07-06

4. I hope we'll move to the XML-style NCRs.

Many thanks,
Misha

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Doug Ewell
Sent: 06 April 2005 15:30
To: LTRU Working Group
Subject: [Ltru] New registry

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo 

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

---

From: "Addison Phillips" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:57:33 -0700

See comments below.

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture. 

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Misha Wolf
> Sent: mercredi 6 avril 2005 07:54
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [Ltru] New registry
> 
> Hi Doug,
> 
[Addison Phillips] 

Yes, we can allow fields to be repeated. BTW> Your example is incorrect, since the semi-colon is only escaped in a value because the un-escaped semi-colon is the separator character.
> sure what the field means (see below) so I can't give a clear
[Addison Phillips] 

I didn't rename the fields. Previously, though, the names didn't appear in the registry. I can change it to "Added"
>    Description: Czech Republic
[Addison Phillips] 

That particular one? Or in general? The Date field is the date the value became valid. That example might not be accurate, of course.
> 4. I hope we'll move to the XML-style NCRs.
[Addison Phillips] 

I'm changing the editor's copy to do exactly that.

---

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:11:41 +0100

Hi Addison,

> Yes, we can allow fields to be repeated.

Great.

> BTW> Your example is incorrect, since the semi-colon is only 
> escaped in a value because the un-escaped semi-colon is the 
> separator character.

The example is taken from the draft registry.

> I didn't rename the fields. Previously, though, the names didn't 
> appear in the registry. I can change it to "Added"

Great.

> That particular one? Or in general? The Date field is the date the 
> value became valid. That example might not be accurate, of course.

Do you mean valid?  Doug wrote that it is the date when the item was 
added to the registry.

> I'm changing the editor's copy to do exactly that.

Great.

Thanks,
Misha