Subject: RE: [Ltru] Proposed Text for Moving Forward

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:25:50 +0100

Some questions:

1. Is an Expected_Script_Subtag field and a Default_Script field
mutually exclusive?

2. Why does Expected_Script_Subtag contain "_Subtag" but Default_Script
not do so?  Can we rename the former to Expected_Script?

3. Does an Expected_Script[_Subtag] field always contain at least two
Scripts?

4. If so, can we rename it to Expected_Scripts?  Note the plural form.

Misha

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo 

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:15:12 +0200

Misha Wolf wrote:
 
> 1. Is an Expected_Script_Subtag field and a Default_Script
> field mutually exclusive?

No, the latter can be identified as "only one expected script"
The rules are of course very different, SHOULD vs, SHOULD NOT.

> 3. Does an Expected_Script[_Subtag] field always contain at
> least two Scripts?

Not if you combine them as in (1),  Probably that was your
real question, can they be used together for the same language.

That's also possible, but then the "default" script cannot be
"expected", otherwise you'd get a NOT RECOMMENDED SHOULD for
this script.

In this version the number of expected sripts can be also one,
e.g. language got, default Latn, expected Goth.   Bye, Frank