Subject: RE: [Ltru] [slightly OT] Linguasphere (was Great Script Debate Part II:Formats...)

From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:45:25 -0700

> From: Debbie Garside [mailto:[email-masked]]

> Before we get into a great OT debate about Linguasphere... I think we
should
> be clear about something.  Peter is quoting from the Linguasphere
Register
> as published in 2000.  There have been significant changes since this
> publication.
> 
> I think it would be prudent to wait for the draft of 639-6 before we
discuss
> this.

Debbie is quite right: I'm quoting from the first edition of the
Linguasphere register, which is the only info I have to go on; though
certainly not insignificant in this case, it is certainly possible that
very significant changes have been made. Thus, I agree with her final
comment: that it would be prudent to wait.

I did not intend to start any debate over Linguasphere. I only intended
to point out reasons why I thought Lee's comment on interop was overly
hopeful, but I concede that I may not have been comparing with an
appropriate source.

Peter Constable

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru