Subject: [Ltru] privateuse subtag

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:57:20 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.dlib.org/dlib/june05/jantz/06jantz.html
> On 06:05 16/06/2005, Peter Constable said:
> We're talking about private-use within the terms of this tagging
> specification. When you start talking about custom software, you're
> talking about a private-use tagging specification.

This why I want to adapt this tagging specification because its limitation
does not make sense. You cannot have a Draft specifying languages for
Internet and blocking applications it is supposed to support.

Another way is to have "h-" for one of the type of applications I have?
and "b-", and "c-" etc for others.

I want to be able to support "h-xxxx.ccc.ddd" as both a tag and the CNRI
handle of the document. Where "xxxx" is the ISO 639-3 or ISO 639-6 code of
the language or their numeric equivalent. This permits me to build a
multilingual virtual library where documents are listed per languages with
the same document translation having the same handle in different
languages. A unique multilingual world culture virtual repository. Is this
what you want to block the possibility? This is just one of the
applications.

You should read http://www.dlib.org/dlib/june05/jantz/06jantz.html. The
flaw in that excellent document is that document are not classified by
languages. What Jefsey proposes cannot work for this: you cannot make
"aaa" equivalent to all the handles.

F. Charles

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru