Subject: RE: [Ltru] [psg.com #1027] apply ISO 11179 (metadata registryframework)

From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 21:47:20 -0700

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On
> Behalf Of Randy Presuhn

> As a technical contributor:
> 
> >From what I've been able to glean from secondary sources (I'm to
cheap to
> purchase this rather expensive multi-part specification) I don't see
how
> ISO 11179 is really applicable to our work, and I've seen no statement
of
> how applying it would increase our work's utility.  Consequently, I
> suggest
> we reject this item.

I agree. We can leave implementation of the registry as a 11179
implementation to an ISO WG, or at least a subsequent IETF project -- if
there is ever an impetus to begin applying this ISO std in the context
of IETF.

Peter Constable

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru