Subject: RE: [Ltru] Re: Language in XML Schema 1.1 Datatypes

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:21:54 +0000

Harald wrote:

> It's probably too much effort to ask that it be 639-cased (en-EN), 
> so having a lowercase variant available in the post-validation 
> dataset would suit me.

s/dataset/infoset

If we conclude that we want to request a specific change, someone 
will need to take an action to make the request.  I imagine that 
Martin would be the best person to do so.

In my earlier mail(s), I was asking about the text:

| [Definition:] language represents formal natural language 
| identifiers, as defined by [RFC 3066]or its successor(s) in the 
| IETF Standards Track.

*That* text is what I meant by the phrase "boilerplate".  Are we 
happy with that text getting propagated?  Or would we prefer a 
reference to BCP 47?  Or is there yet some other option?

Misha

To find out more about Reuters visit www.about.reuters.com

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Addison Phillips" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 07:47:04 -0800

Hello Misha,

Reference BCP 47. That's what I believe the TAG eventually decided. I know
it is what some specs are starting to use. For example, SVG 1.2 Tiny
contains this reference:

--
[BCP 47]
    IETF BCP 47, currently represented by RFC 3066 "Tags for the
Identification of Languages", H. Alvestrand, January 2001
    Available at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3066.txt.
--

I like that boilerplate formulation a lot.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect

Internationalization is an architecture.
It is not a feature. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Misha Wolf
> Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 6:22 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [Ltru] Re: Language in XML Schema 1.1 Datatypes
> 
> Harald wrote:
> 
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
> except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
> Reuters Ltd.
> 
>