Subject: [Ltru] Language in XML Schema 1.1 Datatypes

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:19:57 +0000

I've lost track of where we are in the debate re Standards track 
etc.  It is *very* important that we give guidance to other WGs 
on how to refer to the otcome of our work.  See, for example:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xmlschema11-2-20060116/#language

Is that correct?

<quote from W3C Weekly News - 18 January 2006>

  Working Draft: XML Schema 1.1 Datatypes

  The XML Schema Working Group has released an updated Working Draft
  of "XML Schema 1.1 Part 2: Datatypes." XML schemas define shared
  markup vocabularies, the structure of XML documents which use those
  vocabularies, and provide hooks to associate semantics with them.
  With XML Schema Part 2, datatypes may be defined for use in XML
  schemas as well as other contexts. Visit the XML home page.

   http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xmlschema11-2-20060116/
   http://www.w3.org/XML/

</quote>

Misha

To find out more about Reuters visit www.about.reuters.com

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:47:07 +0100

> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xmlschema11-2-20060116/#language

About 1 MB, sigh.

> Is that correct?

It's the general 3066 syntax, which is a superset of the more
elaborated 3066bis syntax.  Ignoring all details for certain
kinds of subtags it's still fine for all 3066bis language tags.

                            Bye, Frank