Subject: [Ltru] Re: WG Review: Recharter of Language Tag Registry Update (ltru)

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:12:40 -0700

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:23:54 -0400, IESG Secretary <iesg dash secretary 
at ietf dot org> wrote:

> A modified charter has been submitted for the Language Tag Registry 
> Update (ltru) working group in the Applications Area of the IETF.  The 
> IESG has not made any determination as yet. The modified charter is 
> provided below for informational purposes only. Please send your 
> comments to the IESG mailing list ([email-masked]) by August 29th.
>
> ...
>
> Goals and Milestones:
>
> September 2006 Submit first WG draft of registry procedure update
> September 2006 Submit first WG draft of registry data update
> January 2007 Submit registry procedure update draft for IETF Last Call
> January 2007 Submit registry data update draft for IETF Last Call

As the likely editor of the "registry data update" document, I'd like to 
request that the milestones for the first drafts be extended to October, 
or perhaps even November, and that the milestones for Last Call drafts 
remain at least 3 months after the first drafts (e.g. moving them to 
February if the first drafts arrive in November).

Having experienced many lengthy delays in LTRU 1.0, which pushed the 
original milestones out by many months, I'd like to make sure we have a 
reasonable chance of hitting the LTRU 2.0 dates.  There are several 
issues to be discussed within the WG before realistic first drafts can 
be written.  The decision on the new charter will not be made until at 
least August 29, leaving only 32 days to discuss these issues and write 
drafts before the first milestone.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
Editor, draft-ietf-ltru-initial

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 03:48:35 -0700

Doug Ewell wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:23:54 -0400, IESG Secretary <iesg dash 
> secretary at ietf dot org> wrote:
>
>> Update (ltru) working group in the Applications Area of the IETF.  
>> The IESG has not made any determination as yet. The modified charter 
>> is provided below for informational purposes only. Please send your 
> As the likely editor of the "registry data update" document, I'd like 
> to request that the milestones for the first drafts be extended to 
> October, or perhaps even November, and that the milestones for Last 
> Call drafts remain at least 3 months after the first drafts (e.g. 
> moving them to February if the first drafts arrive in November).
>
> original milestones out by many months, I'd like to make sure we have 
> a reasonable chance of hitting the LTRU 2.0 dates.  There are several 
> least August 29, leaving only 32 days to discuss these issues and 
> write drafts before the first milestone. 
I concur.

Note also that if the ISO process is delayed for any reason, the 
completion timelines will also have to move; ISO does not have a stellar 
track record of keeping schedules either.

                     Harald