Subject: [Ltru] Re: Test suite for language tags?

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 23:02:41 -0700

Addison Phillips <addison at yahoo dash inc dot com> wrote:

> I could probably have saved time writing that message if I'd just sent 
> my JUnits ;-). Glad to see that others are getting their parsers 
> going.

I'm glad that Stephaney is writing his own processor independently and 
asking others for guidance in prose, not reusing someone else's 
implementation.  Code reuse is normally a good thing, but right now we 
have essentially a new spec, and bugs in someone's implementation might 
turn out to be, or might be interpreted as, problems with the spec. 
There are probably fewer than 5 independent RFC 3066bis processors on 
the planet; we need more.

(BTW, yes, my validating processor did pass the Addison Test Suite.)

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 22:39:24 +0200

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 11:02:41PM -0700,
 Doug Ewell <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 27 lines which said:

> There are probably fewer than 5 independent RFC 3066bis processors
> on the planet; we need more.

Five is quite good for a standard which is not even a RFC. I'm not
sure that DNS, for instance, or DHCP, has five *independant*
implementations.