Subject: [Ltru] Re: Delays (was: Re: Charter update proposal)

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 07:59:49 -0700

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> What specific changes to the proposed updated charter's milestone 
> dates would you like to see?

I'm not asking for any change in the milestone dates, and I'm surprised 
you read my comments that way.  We could move the deadlines out a year 
and there would still be the possibility of missing them due to 
unforeseen delays.

What I would like to see is some sort of contingency planning to defend 
against delays.  An 840-page I-D would likely invite a great deal of 
scrutiny, of necessity time-consuming, to ensure its accuracy.  There 
may be other delaying factors, and errors may be found that need to be 
corrected.  If the contents change during this time, we should have a 
way to incorporate the changes without restarting the review cycle for 
the entire 840 pages.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Addison Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 11:22:32 -0700

>  An 840-page I-D would likely invite a great deal of
> scrutiny, of necessity time-consuming, to ensure its accuracy.  

An 840 page I-D whose contents are deleted prior to publication (if we 
use the same pattern as draft-initial). One of the more interesting 
absurdities of recent memory. Personally I would favor an I-D with a 
link in it pointing IANA to the addition.

All of which is pointless to discuss just now. Martin's text merely says 
that we come up with a way to update the registry. I think we can do 
that within the timeframe provided.

Addison

-- 
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.

Internationalization is an architecture.
It is not a feature.