Subject: [Ltru] Re: Publication of language subtag registration templates

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 07:38:50 -0700

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic dot fr> wrote:

> Yesterday, several subtags were added to the Language Subtag Registry 
> (Kore, biske, njiva, etc).
>
> The registration templates do not appear in 
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/lang-subtags-templates/index.html
>
> Is it just a matter of time or is there, in your opinion, something 
> wrong in the process?

1.  I forgot and will forward these to Michael (for forwarding to IANA) 
within 24 hours.  Note that there are no registration forms for 'Kore' 
and 'Zxxx' and 'mis', since these changes came as the result of changes 
to the core standards and not by individual request.

2.  The process on this is highly unofficial.  Like the one-week viewing 
period for final records, it is not part of RFC 4646, but the group 
generally agreed to it and it is included in Section 3.5 of 
draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-06.  Thus I will accept charges of "unofficial 
and proposed process" violation, but not of process violation per se.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru