Subject: [Ltru] Re: Wrapping up the UTF-8 debate

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:49:35 -0700

Martin Duerst <duerst at it dot aoyama dot ac dot jp> wrote:

>>> How is it not *exactly* like an NCR?
>
> Well, just for the record, it's not exactly like an NCR,
> because we only allow a subset of NCRs (e.g. only hex
> rather than also decimal,...).

OK, but they are a proper subset, so the things we call UNICHAR fit 
perfectly into the box XML calls CharRef, even if other things also fit 
into that box.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru