Subject: [Ltru] Is everything ready except extlang?

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 12:52:01 -0700

It would be really nice to find out whether the extlang/macrolanguage 
controversy is the only thing separating us from Working Group Last 
Call.

Can everybody please read both drafts and comment on any other issues 
that need to be resolved before WGLC:

draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis
Official text:
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-08.txt
Unofficial HTML
  http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-08.html

draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis
Official text:
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-02.txt
Unofficial HTML:
  http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-02.html

One change that will need to be made to the 4645bis draft it to update 
the "starting point" Registry to account for two new subtags that have 
been added since August 17.  This will also need to happen before IETF 
Last Call and during AUTH48 to account for changes made at those times. 
Also, if newer ISO 639-3 tables are published, those will need to be 
reflected.

It's up to each list member to decide whether to double-check each of 
the 8,200+ entries in the proposed Registry in 4645bis.  I used a 
program to convert ISO 639-3 entries into Registry records, but some 
fields like Deprecated and Preferred-Value were determined manually. 
The body of the draft describes how.

I promise this time I won't complain if someone proposes minor wording 
changes (and I apologize for doing so last time).  All reasonable 
feedback is important at this point.  Of course, as responsible group 
members we have the right to agree or disagree with suggested changes.

--
Doug Ewell * Fullerton, California, USA * RFC 4645 * UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru