Subject: [Ltru] Re: New draft posted to Web

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:18:53 -0700

On Saturday, August 18, 2007 10:27, I wrote:

>> Please, if you want the working group to comment, submit the draft to 
>> internet-drafts at ietf.org
>
> Done.

I've written back to internet-drafts to inquire why my draft still 
hasn't been published more than two weeks after being submitted.  I'm 
hoping it's just about ready for WGLC, except of course for the 
extlang/macrolanguage question.

--
Doug Ewell · Fullerton, California, USA · RFC 4645 · UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 14:43:21 +0200

Doug Ewell wrote:

> I'm hoping it's just about ready for WGLC, except of course for the 

Hi, I've updated my awk script for the "macrolanguage" business:

http://xyzzy.webhop.info/home/ltru/ltru2xml.awk (version 0.7)
http://xyzzy.webhop.info/home/ltru/ltru2xml.dtd (modified DTD)
http://xyzzy.webhop.info/home/ltru/4645bis2.xml (based on -02)

http://xyzzy.webhop.info/home/ltru/4645bis.awk (script to extract
the proto registry from your drafts).

All still using ASCII and text/xml, not UTF-8 and application/xml.

IMHO the "Macrolanguage" field is rather pointless for extlang-s,
it's always the same as the "Prefix" with two exceptions:

1 - all sign extlangs don't have a Macrolanguage: sgn
2 - in theory extlang ccc in aa-bbb-ccc would get Prefix: aa-bbb
     and Macrolanguage: bbb.

Frank