Subject: [Ltru] Re: Implementations of validating BCP 47 processors

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 06:23:35 -0700

Felix Sasaki <fsasaki at w3 dot org> wrote:

> Are there other validating processors, or do you know of plans 
> (timelines) for their implementation?

I have an unreleased Windows application that generates and validates 
RFC 4646 tags.  I've talked a lot about this program, but never released 
it for a variety of reasons; my latest excuse is that extended language 
subtags might be removed from the spec, and I want to know whether to 
remove support for them from my app before releasing it.  I can send you 
a copy if you are interested.

--
Doug Ewell * Fullerton, California, USA * RFC 4645 * UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Felix Sasaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:45:27 +0900

Doug Ewell wrote:
> RFC 4646 tags.  I've talked a lot about this program, but never 
> released it for a variety of reasons; my latest excuse is that 
> extended language subtags might be removed from the spec, and I want 
> to know whether to remove support for them from my app before 
> releasing it.  I can send you a copy if you are interested.

It would be very interesting to see that program, but also to have a 
link to it on the BCP 47 http://www.langtag.net/ page. I'm doing 
outreach to specification developers asking for adoption of BCP 47 in 
their draft specs, and implementation information is always good for 
that purpose.

Felix