Subject: [Ltru] Re: deletion of Extended Language Subtags in draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-10

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 08:54:15 -0800

Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> replied to Nicolas 
Krebs:

> Well, it's been under discussion for a few years now. But the focused, 
> recent discussion has mainly been in the "John Cowan throws..." and 
> "Remove extlang..." thread, both started on or after 11/29. You'll 
> also want to see the short "summary of recommendations..." thread from 
> 12/1.

To clarify this a little for Nicolas:  the plan to use extlangs was 
under discussion for a few years, while the plan NOT to use extlangs 
wasn't really considered until this past March.  But while WG consensus 
was never declared on this topic, drafts have been written that bake the 
no-extlang approach into place, and it's widely understood that the 
debate is over.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://home.roadrunner.com/~dewell
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ 

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru