Subject: [Ltru] no teleconference this week

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 09:49:00 +0900

I received an announcement from some calendar system for an LTRU
teleconference this week. However, it's my understanding that
we have reached a resolution on our main point of contention and
that currently, no further teleconference is needed.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[email-masked]     

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 18:54:09 -0800

We can close the telecon down, if we don't think that it would be useful in
clarifying and finishing off the remaining items.

Mark

-- 
Mark

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 21:31:12 -0800

Based on your message, I'll assume we aren't meeting this week (and perhaps
can just cancel the meeting).

Mark

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 17:08:21 +0900

At 14:31 07/12/05, Mark Davis wrote:
>Based on your message, I'll assume we aren't meeting this week (and perhaps can just cancel the meeting).

Yes, exactly. I don't envision any teleconferences in the near future,
and if it should turn out that we need another one, my assumption is
that we will need to re-negotiate the schedule based on the players
involved.

Regards,   Martin.

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 14:51:45 +0900

At 11:54 07/12/05, Mark Davis wrote:
>We can close the telecon down, if we don't think that it would be useful in clarifying and finishing off the remaining items.

It is not a question of whether a teleconfernce would be useful or not.
The IETF's main way of working is the WG's mailing list, plus
occasional meetings (e.g. this week in Vancouver). We used some
teleconferences because we didn't see any other way to come to
consensus on one specific point (extlang or not). For any other
issues, we will first try to work them out on the mailing list,
and only if we can't make progress anymore, we may use some
teleconference(s) again.

Regards,    Martin.