Subject: [Ltru] Re: action item: "other" collections in 639

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 15:41:49 +0100

Peter Constable wrote:

>>> I've suggested in the past that removing collection IDs from
>>> BCP47 might not be a bad idea, but on several occasions people
>>> have indicated that they wish to have the collections kept.

>> "Removing" can't fly.  Do you mean "not add new" (in the 4645bis
>> bulk update), "deprecate old", or both ?
 
> Deprecate, and not add new.

Okay.  Then it could make sense to deprecate some giving a new
preferred value based on your list.  Ideally in a form where
Doug can reference a better source than an archived article in
4645bis, but if all else fails a "WG decision" is good enough.

 Frank

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Peter Constable <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 07:30:02 -0800

> From: Frank Ellermann [mailto:[email-masked]]

> preferred value based on your list.

Um... I have no idea what you're referring to: I haven't given any list that relates to collections, that I recall.

Peter