Subject: [Ltru] Re: ABNF guidance

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:09:53 -0800

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

> I'd have some reservations about 4646bis stability statements.  The 
> proposed "fantasy island" codes are not funny, at the moment it's not 
> clear that 4646bis survives a Last Call.

As much as I dislike adding the exceptionally reserved ISO 3166 code 
elements --especially since the reason was to facilitate 'EU' for 
locale-type usage rather than language tagging -- this decision has 
nothing to do with stability of the ABNF or anything else.  The only 
impact they could have on stability would be if they were deleted at 
some later date, instead of deprecated.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru