Subject: [Ltru] Draft-4645bis, as you like it

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 21:19:28 -0800

I've created a new RFC 4645bis download page, in hopes of getting more 
people to review draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis in their own way, before it 
goes up for WG and IETF Last Calls.

http://www.ewellic.org/rfc4645bis.html

Here you can find both the current version (-03) and editor's copy (-04) 
of draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis, in text or HTML format, with or without the 
voluminous replacement Registry contents.  You can also download the 
proposed Registry contents alone, with over 7,000 new subtags, in UTF-8.

Some people have specifically asked for Registry-only, or Registry-free, 
versions of this draft.  I hope providing them will encourage more 
people to review parts of the draft they are interested in.

The main difference between -03 and -04 is updates to the references to 
draft-4646bis-11 and to the latest ISO 639-3 data files.  Of course, the 
data files reflect hundreds of changes approved by ISO 639-3/RA, and 
consequently the Registry contents are quite different.  There is one 
additional, very minor change: I changed the word "uninverted" in 
Section 2.1 to "non-inverted" to avoid giving the false impression that 
the 639-3 reference name ever appears in inverted form and must then be 
"uninverted."

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:36:54 -0500

> proposed Registry contents alone, with over 7,000 new subtags, in UTF-8.

I reviewed -03 sans Registry, and I'm happy.

-- 
Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.
        --Arthur C. Clarke, "The Nine Billion Names of God"
                John Cowan <[email-masked]>