Subject: [Ltru] Shelta

From: Marion Gunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:47:39 +0000

Arising out of a meeting in our university last night, I need to know  
(a) what language tag was assigned to Shelta; (b) whether its main  
variants have been subtagged; (c) whether there is any further  
plannned ietf/ltru work which might affect the above in the near future.

With no time today to conduct the usual web searches on this, I'd be  
grateful if members of ietf/ltru could help.
mg

- -
Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an
Bhóthair, Co. Átha Cliath, Éire.
* [email-masked] * [email-masked] *

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:15:31 -0500

> plannned ietf/ltru work which might affect the above in the near future.

The 639-3 code element is 'sth'.  Like all other code elements unique to 639-3,
that is not yet a valid BCP 47 language tag, though it will become so in
the near future if we ever get RFC 4646bis finished and out the door.
Consequently, no variant subtags have been assigned, nor will they be unless
someone requests them in due form after RFC 4646bis becomes effective.

-- 
John Cowan    [email-masked]    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Objective consideration of contemporary phenomena compel the conclusion
that optimum or inadequate performance in the trend of competitive
activities exhibits no tendency to be commensurate with innate capacity,
but that a considerable element of the unpredictable must invariably be
taken into account. --Ecclesiastes 9:11, Orwell/Brown version