Subject: [Ltru] Happy International Year of Languages

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:50:17 +0100

Happy New Year to everyone!

http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php-URL_ID=35344&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

 2008, International Year of Languages
 Languages matter !

 On 16 May 2007, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 2008 to
 be the International Year of Languages. As language issues are central
 to UNESCO's mandate in education, science, social and human
 sciences, culture, and communication and information, the Organization
 has been named the lead agency for this event.

I owe to Don Osborn a reference to that excellent paper on languages
and what can we do for the IYL:

http://www.crystalreference.com/DC_articles/Langdeath20.pdf

What can we do ourselves for the IYL? Finishing 4646bis? 

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru