Subject: [Ltru] mailing list UTF-8 check

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:58:42 -0800

Hi -

Just a quick test to see whether the mailing list and archival
software are now handling UTF-8 properly.

"陽" was glossed as "양".
Vietnamese snippet: "lời chỉ dẫn để đánh tiếng "

Randy (as list admin)

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:40:42 -0700

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> "?" was glossed as "?".
> Vietnamese snippet: "l?i ch? d?n ?? ??nh ti?ng "

As you can see, the digest didn't come out well at all.  But the 
Web-based archive looks fine:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ltru/current/msg09680.html

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ