Subject: [Ltru] [[email-masked]: Proposed resolution for Issue 13 (language tags)]

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:59:02 +0200

If anyone has something to contribute to the HTTP working group, which
is clearing up HTTP / RFC 2616...

Subject: Proposed resolution for Issue 13 (language tags)
From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
To: HTTP Working Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:02:01 +0200
List-Id: <ietf-http-wg.w3.org>

Hi,

(see also <http://www3.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/13>).

So far we have delayed the resolution 13 until we're done with the ABNF 
conversion, but since then we have made other changes to the ABNF 
anyway. Therefore, I'd like to get this one resolved; there's doesn't 
seem to be anything holding it up...:

Section 3.5., paragraph 2:
OLD:

    The syntax and registry of HTTP language tags is the same as that
    defined by [RFC1766].  In summary, a language tag is composed of 1 or
    more parts: A primary language tag and a possibly empty series of
    subtags:

NEW:

    The syntax and registry of HTTP language tags is the same as that
    defined by [RFC4646].  In summary, a language tag is composed of one
    or more parts: A primary language tag and a possibly empty series of
    subtags,

Section 3.5., paragraph 3:
OLD:

      language-tag  = primary-tag *( "-" subtag )
      primary-tag   = 1*8ALPHA
      subtag        = 1*8ALPHA

NEW:

      language-tag  = <Language-Tag, defined in [RFC4646], Section 2.1>

Section 3.5., paragraph 4:
OLD:

    White space is not allowed within the tag and all tags are case-
    insensitive.  The name space of language tags is administered by the
    IANA.  Example tags include:

NEW:

    White space is not allowed within the tag and all tags are case-
    insensitive.  The name space of language tags is administered by the
    IANA (<http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-tags>).

    Example tags include:

Section 3.5., paragraph 6:
OLD:

    where any two-letter primary-tag is an ISO-639 language abbreviation
    and any two-letter initial subtag is an ISO-3166 country code.  (The
    last three tags above are not registered tags; all but the last are
    examples of tags which could be registered in future.)

NEW:

    (The last three tags above are not registered tags; all but the last
    are examples of tags which could be registered in future.)

    See RFC 4646 for further information.

...feedback appreciated.

Julian

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru