Subject: Re: [Ltru] Fw: IANA Update: Project to convert registries to XML

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:54:40 -0600

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

> The relevant section for us seems to be:
>
>> Those registries that are required to be in specific formats, for 
>> example the MIBs and language subtags registries, will still be 
>> produced in the existing formats.

What's more, I seem to recall David Conrad (with his official hat on) 
promising this list, some time ago, that the XML conversion project was 
internal to IANA, and we were under no obligation or pressure to change 
our format.  I assume IANA's position has not changed in this regard.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru