Subject: Re: [Ltru] fix for TP

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:53:36 -0600

Shall I use draft-4645bis-05 as the vehicle to make the suggested change 
to the Deprecated field for region subtag TP?

From:

Type: region
Subtag: TP
Description: East Timor
Added: 2005-10-16
Preferred-Value: TL
Deprecated: 2002-11-15

To:

...
Deprecated: 2002-05-20

No change is needed for the record for TL.

I would suggest adding some prose in the draft indicating that this date 
was changed to correct a research error, but also calling attention to 
Section 3.1.5 of draft-4646bis, which points out that the deprecation 
date of really old subtags like 'in' might only be approximate.  The 
implication is that other dates prior to the launch of the Language 
Subtag Registry might not be perfectly accurate either.  As I stated 
earlier, since there was no LSR in 2002, the exact date in 2002 when TL 
replaced TP in ISO 3166-1 is only of academic interest.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru