Subject: [Ltru] Mutability of Preferred-Value?

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 00:37:56 -0600

Draft-4646bis-13, Section 3.1.6 now includes the following two passages, 
which leave me more confused than ever as to whether Preferred-Values in 
the 4645bis Registry need to be changed to eliminate chains such as 
i-hak -> zh-hakka -> hak:

1.
"The field 'Preferred-Value' MUST NOT be modified once created in the 
registry.  The field MAY be added to records according to the rules in 
Section 3.3."

2.
"Suppose that subtag X has a Preferred-Value of Y. If Y changes to have 
a Preferred-Value of Z, then the Preferred-Value for X MUST also change 
to be Z."

I need to know which way we are going to go before generating a new 
draft-4645bis.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Arvada, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ 

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru