Subject: [Ltru] [Fwd: Last Call for Language Tag experts as per draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-23]

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 18:31:21 +0100

FYI.

Subject: Last Call for Language Tag experts as per draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-23
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <iesg.ietf.org>

The IESG has recently approved draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-23.txt as an RFC. 
Section 3.2 of this document says:

The Language Subtag Reviewer is appointed by the IESG for an indefinite
term, subject to removal or replacement at the IESG's discretion. The IESG
will solicit nominees for the position (upon adoption of this document or
upon a vacancy) and then solicit feedback on the nominees' qualifications.
Qualified candidates should be familiar with BCP 47 and its requirements;
be willing to fairly, responsively, and judiciously administer the
registration process; and be suitably informed about the issues of
language identification so that the reviewer can assess the claims and
draw upon the contributions of language experts and subtag requesters.

Based upon instructions provided in the RFC-to-be, IESG would like to
solicit community feedback on qualifying candidates. Nominations should be
sent directly to IESG ([email-masked]). The nomination period ends on
Monday, September 7, 2009.