Subject: [Lucid] FWD: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-idna-5892upd-unicode70-04.txt

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 18:01:21 -0400

For those who haven't seen this announcement, the draft referred
to in Andrew's and my earlier comments (and the IAB Statement)
has now been posted.

    john

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:43 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-idna-5892upd-unicode70-04.txt

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : IDNA Update for Unicode 7.0.0

    Author(s)     : J. Klensin, et al
    Filename      : draft-klensin-idna-5892upd-unicode70
    Pages         : 29 
    Date          : 2015-03-11 
    
   The current version of the IDNA specifications anticipated
that each    new version of Unicode would be reviewed to verify
that no changes    had been introduced that required adjustments
to the set of rules    and, in particular, whether new
exceptions or backward compatibility    adjustments were needed.
The review for Unicode 7.0.0 first    identified a potentially
problematic new code point and then a much    more general and
difficult issue with Unicode normalization.  This
specification discusses those issues and proposes updates to IDNA
   and, potentially, the way the IETF handles comparison of
identifiers    more generally, especially when there is no
associated language or    language identification.  It also
applies an editorial clarification    to RFC 5892 that was the
subject of an earlier erratum and updates    RFC 5894 to point
to the issues involved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-idna-5892upd-
unicode70-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-klensin-idna-5892upd-unicode70-04.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 12:43:34 -0700
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : IDNA Update for Unicode 7.0.0

    Author(s)     : J. Klensin, et al
    Filename      : draft-klensin-idna-5892upd-unicode70
    Pages         : 29 
    Date          : 2015-03-11 
    
   The current version of the IDNA specifications anticipated that each
   new version of Unicode would be reviewed to verify that no changes
   had been introduced that required adjustments to the set of rules
   and, in particular, whether new exceptions or backward compatibility
   adjustments were needed.  The review for Unicode 7.0.0 first
   identified a potentially problematic new code point and then a much
   more general and difficult issue with Unicode normalization.  This
   specification discusses those issues and proposes updates to IDNA
   and, potentially, the way the IETF handles comparison of identifiers
   more generally, especially when there is no associated language or
   language identification.  It also applies an editorial clarification
   to RFC 5892 that was the subject of an earlier erratum and updates
   RFC 5894 to point to the issues involved.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-klensin-idna-5892upd-unicode70-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 16:08:07 -0400

john