Subject: [Lurk] test: This list is about...

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 01:07:35 +0000

Communication protocols like IPsec, SSH or TLS provide means to
authenticate the remote peer. Authentication is based the proof of
ownership of a private key. Currently most trust models assume the
private key is associated and owned by the peer. In addition, the remote
peer is both responsible of the hosted content and for the network
delivery. Although these assumptions were largely true in the past,
today, the deployment of service on the current Internet largely relies
on multiple distributed instances of the service. Similarly, the
delivery of popular content often splits the roles of providing the
content and delivering the content. In such architectures, the
application, - like a web browser - expects to authenticate a content
provider while authenticating the node delivering the content. In this
case, the confusion mostly results from using a secure transport layer
to authenticate application layer content. There may be a BoF at IETF95
to discuss this topic.

S.

PS: the above is just to test and put something in the archive.