Subject: [Lurk] Terrible solution

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 19:39:10 +0200

Here's the terrible solution that I shared privately with several others.

The premise here is that you are willing to pay a high price for
initial setup to get some later benefit.

1. Share ticket keys with edge servers.

2. On initial connection to the edge server, the edge server tunnels
the connection to the key owner, who terminates the connection and
sets a ticket.

3. The key owner breaks the connection before anything useful happens.

4. The client attempts to repair the connection, using resumption.

5. The edge server is able to resume the connection, thereafter
gaining the latency benefits.

p.s., I patented this and I will not be providing licences.

p.p.s., The patent thing is a joke.

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 20:07:06 +0200

> Here's the terrible solution that I shared privately with several others.

I think you should get PHK to implement this in varnish ;-)

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 07:17:50 +0200

> I think you should get PHK to implement this in varnish ;-)

I'll have a word with him.