Subject: [Lwip] questions

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 11:09:27 -0700

I would be interested in understanding what this work is about. Is this 
about implementation discussions (there are plenty of ways to make 
stacks lightweight)? Or is this about new standards or solutions? What 
is the relation of this work to the CORE WG, who are chartered to 
develop protocols to talk to sensors and other small devices?

Jari

---

From: Zhen Cao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:29:21 -0700

Hi Jari,

Thanks for the questions.

(1) We'd like to discuss implementation issues, i.e., how to implement
the IP stack on the constrained nodes. (2) Some new protocols can be
developed, such as a flow control protocol. TCP is too heavy regarding
its implementation complexity and its coupling flow control with
congestion control (and this congestion control is not good for
wireless). (3) CORE is developing application protocols and framework,
and I think we are different.

Thanks,
Zhen

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> wrote:
> about implementation discussions (there are plenty of ways to make stacks
> lightweight)? Or is this about new standards or solutions? What is the
> relation of this work to the CORE WG, who are chartered to develop protocols
> to talk to sensors and other small devices?
>
> Jari
>
> _______________________________________________
> Lwip mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip
>

---

From: Jacni Qin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 02:00:13 +0800

so, the IP (both v4 and v4) itself will remain unchanged, right?

thanks,

Jacni