Subject: [Lwip] Comments on draft-borm​ann-lwig-g​uidance-00​.txt

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 11:53:51 +0800

Dear Gruesse Carsten

I have reviewed the draft, below are comments:
---In Section 2.4 Role of nodes
Constrained nodes:
In the Client/Server model, constrained nodes may be either acting as
the client to proactively get information from other devices, or as
the server to serve the information passively. These two operating
models require different resources on the node.

--In Section 3.1.1
If I understand correctly, I would suggest make it easiler to
understand like this: On the IPv6 layers, IPv6 specifies that only end
systems fragment and reassemble. In the 6lowpan network, the same rule
is also appliable if the adaption layer can uncompress the IPv6
address out for the IPv6 layer to do forwarding.

---In Section 3.4.2
Could you also analyze the cost of implementing CoAP client or CoAP
server on a constrained node?

Best regards,

-Hui

---

From: Zhen Cao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 22:17:58 +0800

> address out for the IPv6 layer to do forwarding.

I agree, see what the authors think.

> server on a constrained node?

I think this question is related to the first one, and I just found
draft-arkko-core-sleeping-sensors had given an answer to this problem.

>
> Best regards,
>
> -Hui
> _______________________________________________
> Lwip mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip
>
>

-- 
Best regards,
Zhen

---

From: Olaf Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 17:46:41 +0200

> server on a constrained node?

You are right, this is certainly a thing to be addressed in more
detail. draft-arkko-core-sleeping-sensors already does this for a
specific usage scenario, and I would like to have more of this,
especially for implementations that try to be feature-complete in terms
of CoAP mandatory-to-implement features. 

Gruesse,
Olaf