Subject: [Lwip] Comments on draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations-05

From: "Hamidreza Kermajani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:20:07 +0100

Dear Omprakash, WG list,

We have reviewed draft-gnawali-roll-rpl-recommendations-05, and we would
like to share our comments:

1.- Section 3 states "In systems that cannot cancel the packets that are
already in the queue, it is advisable to set the minimum interval to be
much larger than the minimum link layer packet time."

Could "much larger" be quantified?

2.- In section 5, the first sentence

"If a node receives more DIOs than the redundancy constant..."

should be changed a bit by a new sentence like:

"If a node receives a number of DIOs greater than or equal to the
redundancy constant..."

3.- In section 5, regarding the range proposed for the redundancy
constant, i.e. 3-5: can this range be applied for any network density?
For which network density has this range of redundancy constant values
been tested?

Thanks!

Hamidreza Kermajani and Carles Gomez
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya