Subject: [Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-coap-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 02:27:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : CoAP Implementation Guidance
        Authors         : Matthias Kovatsch
                          Olaf Bergmann
                          Esko Dijk
                          Xuan He
                          Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-coap-00.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2014-04-01

Abstract:
   The Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) is designed for resource-
   constrained nodes and networks, e.g., sensor nodes in a low-power
   lossy network (LLN).  Yet to implement this Internet protocol on
   Class 1 devices (i.e., ~ 10 KiB of RAM and ~ 100 KiB of ROM) also
   lightweight implementation techniques are necessary.  This document
   provides lessons learned from implementing CoAP for tiny, battery-
   operated networked embedded systems.  In particular, it provides
   guidance on correct implementation of the CoAP specification
   [I-D.ietf-core-coap], memory optimizations, and customized protocol
   parameters.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-coap/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-coap-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/