Subject: [Lwip] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-lwig-crypto-sensors-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:50:11 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lwig-crypto-sensors-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-crypto-sensors/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This document reads more like a research paper (especially as it often talks
about „the authors“ and „we“). While I would find it more appropriate to
publish the experimentation report as a research paper or maybe some kind of
extended technical report and only document the resulting recommendations in a
short informational RFC, I don’t object to the publication as it was at least
an interesting read. I guess the authors could consider to move some parts to
the appendix (I guess sections 5-7 and maybe even some more text) but it’s
probably not worth the effort.