Subject: [Lwip] RFC 8387 on Practical Considerations and Implementation Experiences in Securing Smart Object Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 17:15:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8387

        Title:      Practical Considerations and Implementation Experiences 
                    in Securing Smart Object Networks 
        Author:     M. Sethi, 
                    J. Arkko,
                    A. Keranen,
                    H. Back
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 86278
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lwig-crypto-sensors-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8387

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8387

This memo describes challenges associated with securing resource-
constrained smart object devices.  The memo describes a possible
deployment model where resource-constrained devices sign message
objects, discusses the availability of cryptographic libraries for
resource-constrained devices, and presents some preliminary
experiences with those libraries for message signing on resource-
constrained devices.  Lastly, the memo discusses trade-offs involving
different types of security approaches.

This document is a product of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC