Subject: Re: [Lwip] CoAP Implementation Guidance and IPV6_RECVERR

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 17:55:04 +0100

Hello CoRE and LWIG,

(retransmitting as I missed the LWIG list name oddity, please reply to
this to keep the thread intact)

working on the portability of my aiocoap library I had trouble reusing
the IPV6_RECVERR option recommended in draft-ietf-lwig-coap-06[1], and
found that it does not seem to be portable at all; unlike the
IPV6_RECVPKTINFO option recommended in the paragraph above, IPV6_RECVERR
is only mentioned in the IETF scope in this document, and otherwise
appears to be proprietary to Linux.

Is that a known shortcoming? Are there any more portable mechanisms that
can be recommended instead?

Best regards
Christian

[1]: I see has expired -- is there interest in having this continued? It
     has been valuable so far

-- 
To use raw power is to make yourself infinitely vulnerable to greater powers.
  -- Bene Gesserit axiom

---

From: Mohit Sethi M <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 19:58:16 +0000

Hi Christian,

Yes, we (Zhen and I) as chairs are definitely interested in finishing this document. There is plenty of valuable information there.

@Authors (Matthias, Olaf, Carsten): What do you think? Do you need any help to revive and finish this document?

Zhen and Mohit

On 3/10/20 6:55 PM, Christian Amsüss wrote:

Hello CoRE and LWIG,

Best regards
Christian

_______________________________________________
Lwip mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip

---

From: Olaf Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 17:51:24 +0100

Hi Mohit,

Mohit Sethi M <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, we (Zhen and I) as chairs are definitely interested in finishing
> this document. There is plenty of valuable information there.
>

I am also inclined to finish this work. As Christian's email shows, some
things have evolved since our initial write-up and therefore might need
some reconsideration.

Grüße
Olaf

> [email-masked]