Subject: [Lwip] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-12.txt> (Alternative Elliptic Curve Representations) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 06:29:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance
WG (lwig) to consider the following document: - 'Alternative Elliptic Curve
Representations'
  <draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations-12.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-09-08. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies how to represent Montgomery curves and
   (twisted) Edwards curves as curves in short-Weierstrass form and
   illustrates how this can be used to carry out elliptic curve
   computations using existing implementations of, e.g., ECDSA and ECDH
   using NIST prime curves.  We also provide extensive background
   material that may be useful for implementers of elliptic curve
   cryptography.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-curve-representations/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.