Subject: [Lwip] Iotdir telechat review of draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11

From: Ines Robles via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:42:06 -0700

Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review result: Ready

Document: draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11
Reviewer: Ines Robles
Review Date: 2020-10-20

Summary:

This document provides guidance on how to implement and use the Transmission
Control Protocol (TCP) in Constrained-Node Networks  (CNNs), which are a
characterstic of the Internet of Things (IoT).

The document is clear to understand.

Major Issues: None

Minor Issues: None.

Nits:
1- Should section 2 "Conventions used in this document" be removed? I have not
found Normative language into the document 2- Questions: Following my
understanding, the transport features provided by TCP [RFC 8095 - Section
3.1.3] are covered in this document, right? or there some of the mentioned
features that does not apply to CNN?

Thank you for this document,

Ines

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 16:20:43 +0200

Hello Inés,

Thank you very much for your review, and for your kind words.

Regarding your two questions below, please find next our answers:

1.- Yes, we agree to remove section 2 (unless further discussion requires to
    use normative language).

2.- Section 3.1.3 of RFC 8095 lists well-known TCP functionality. We
    understand that the functionality that is relevant in the scope of our
    document (i.e. guidance for TCP in IoT scenarios) is already covered.

We plan to apply our updates in the next revision (-12).

Kind regards,

Carles (on behalf of the authors)

> _______________________________________________
> Lwip mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip
>