Subject: [Lwip] Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Robert Wilton via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 04:35:40 -0700

Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for this document.  It is somewhat outside my area of expertise, but
I do not see any network management related issues.

One minor comment:

    3.2.  Usage scenarios

       There are different deployment and usage scenarios for CNNs.  Some
       CNNs follow the star topology, whereby one or several hosts are
       linked to a central device that acts as a router connecting the CNN
       to the Internet.  CNNs may also follow the multihop topology
       [RFC6606].

Perhaps: "Alternatively, CNNs may also follow ... ", otherwise it feels like
this paragraph stops quite abruptly, whereas from the first couple of sentences
I was expecting it to say a bit more about the different deployment scenarios.

Regards,
Rob

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 08:50:01 +0100

Hi Robert,

Thank you very much for your review!

We just submitted revision -12, which aims at addressing the comments
received from the IESG and related reviewers:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-12

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks/

We applied your suggested change.

Thanks,

Carles (on behalf of the authors)

---

From: "Rob Wilton (rwilton)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 10:22:16 +0000

Hi Carles,

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,
Rob

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Carles Gomez Montenegro <[email-masked]>
> Sent: 30 October 2020 07:50
> To: Rob Wilton (rwilton) <[email-masked]>
> Cc: The IESG <[email-masked]>; draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Zhen Cao
> <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: Robert Wilton's No Objection on draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-
> constrained-node-networks-11: (with COMMENT)
> 
> Hi Robert,
> 
> > Thank you for this document.  It is somewhat outside my area of
> expertise,
> > but