Subject: [Lwip] Éric Vyncke's Discuss on draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 00:08:04 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document. It is an important topic and the
document is both easy to ready and detailed.

Please find below one trivial DISCUSS point and a couple of non-blocking
COMMENT points but please also check: - Ines Robles IoT directorate review:
        https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11-iotdir-telechat-robles-2020-10-20/
- Bernie Volz Internet directorate review:
        https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11-intdir-telechat-volz-2020-10-20/

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== DISCUSS ==

Please replace all RFC 2460 references to RFC 8200. Trivial to fix ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

== COMMENTS ==

Should a reference to RFC 8900 be added in the MTU discussion in section 4.1 ?

-- Section 2 --
As noted by many, the BCP 14 boiler plate is the old one and the normative
terminology is not used in this informational document. => remove it ?

---

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 09:18:07 +0100

Hi Éric,

Thank you very much for your review!

We just submitted revision -12, which aims at addressing the comments
received from the IESG and related reviewers:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-12

Please find below our inline responses:

> Ã‰ric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for

Thank you for your kind words.

>         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11-intdir-telechat-volz-2020-10-20/

Yes, the latest revision is intended to address the comments received on
-11, including those by Inés and Bernie.

> I hope that this helps to improve the document,

It did help, thank you.

> -Ã©ric

Done. ;-)

A reference to RFC 8900 has been added accordingly.

> terminology is not used in this informational document. => remove it ?

Agreed. We removed Section 2.

Thanks,

Carles (on behalf of the authors)

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 09:06:26 +0000

Thank you Carle for addressing my DISCUSS point (which was trivial to fix ;) )

I have cleared my DISCUSS position on the data tracker

Regards and thanks again for the work done by the authors and the WG

-éric

-----Original Message-----
From: Carles Gomez Montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, 30 October 2020 at 09:18
To: Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>
Cc: The IESG <[email-masked]>, "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Lwip] Éric Vyncke's Discuss on draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-11: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

    Hi Éric,

    It did help, thank you.

    Done. ;-)

    Thanks,

---

From: "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 10:54:08 +0000

Thanks. Looks good.

- Bernie

> On Oct 30, 2020, at 4:18 AM, Carles Gomez Montenegro <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Éric,
> 
>> Ã?ric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for