Subject: [Lwip] RFC 9006 on TCP Usage Guidance in the Internet of Things (IoT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 16:47:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9006

        Title:      TCP Usage Guidance in the Internet of Things (IoT) 
        Author:     C. Gomez,
                    J. Crowcroft,
                    M. Scharf
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9006

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9006

This document provides guidance on how to implement and use the
Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) in Constrained-Node Networks
(CNNs), which are a characteristic of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Such environments require a lightweight TCP implementation and may
not make use of optional functionality. This document explains a
number of known and deployed techniques to simplify a TCP stack as
well as corresponding trade-offs. The objective is to help embedded
developers with decisions on which TCP features to use.

This document is a product of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC