Subject: [Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 08:51:35 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Minimal ESP
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Tobias Guggemos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-06.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2021-07-26

Abstract:
   This document describes a minimal implementation of the IP
   Encapsulation Security Payload (ESP) defined in RFC 4303.  Its
   purpose is to enable implementation of ESP with a minimal set of
   options to remain compatible with ESP as described in RFC 4303.  A
   minimal version of ESP is not intended to become a replacement of the
   RFC 4303 ESP.  Instead, a minimal implementation is expected to be
   optimized for constrained environment while remaining interoperable
   with implementations of RFC 4303 ESP.  Some constraints include
   limiting the number of flash writes, handling frequent wakeup / sleep
   states, limiting wakeup time, or reducing the use of random
   generation.

   This document does not update or modify RFC 4303, but provides a
   compact description of how to implement the minimal version of the
   protocol.  RFC 4303 remains the authoritative description.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/