Subject: [Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 06:43:20 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Minimal IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
        Authors         : Daniel Migault
                          Tobias Guggemos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-09.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2022-04-06

Abstract:
   This document describes the minimal properties IP Encapsulating
   Security Payload (ESP) implementation needs to meet to remain
   interoperable with the standard RFC4303 ESP.  Such a minimal version
   of ESP is not intended to become a replacement of the RFC 4303 ESP.
   Instead, a minimal implementation is expected to be optimized for
   constrained environment while remaining interoperable with
   implementations of RFC 4303 ESP.  In addition, this document also
   provides some considerations to implement minimal ESP in a
   constrained environment which includes limiting the number of flash
   writes, handling frequent wakeup / sleep states, limiting wakeup
   time, or reducing the use of random generation.

   This document does not update or modify RFC 4303, but provides a
   compact description of how to implement the minimal version of the
   protocol.  RFC 4303 remains the authoritative description.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-minimal-esp-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts