Subject: [Madinas] Benjamin Kaduk's Yes on charter-ietf-madinas-00-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 12:02:31 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-madinas-00-03: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-madinas/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the updates since the previous IESG evaluation; the changes
look good!

I still, as an editorial matter, am not sure how how the following two
sentences are to be connected to each other:

    The Working Group will work together with other IETF WGs (e.g., DHC,
    IntArea), and will liaise with other relevant organizations such as IEEE
    802 and the Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA). The Working Group will
    coordinate on the different recommendations, as well as potential
    follow-up activities within or outside the IETF.

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 09:31:58 +0000

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your review and your YES.

I had no time to check with the MADINAS BoF participants and the chairs, but what about updating the charter as

OLD TEXT

NEW TEXT
        The Working Group will work together with other IETF WGs (e.g., DHC,
        IntArea), and will liaise with other relevant organizations, such as IEEE
        802 and the Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA),  by
        coordinating on the different recommendations, as well as potential
        follow-up activities within or outside the IETF.

Regards

-éric

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:06:24 -0500

Kudos to my friend Eric.
How lucky madinas chairs so they have such a nice AD who replies and
resolves all comments on the charter.

Behcet

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 4:32 AM Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <evyncke=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Madinas mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/madinas
>

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 20:57:24 -0700

That looks good to me; thanks.

-Ben

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 06:34:19 +0000

Thank you Behcet for the kind words, but, this is also a team effort.

I am expecting the MADINAS WG officially created this Friday ;-)

-éric

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, 9 September 2021 at 19:06
To: Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>
Cc: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>, The IESG <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Madinas] Benjamin Kaduk's Yes on charter-ietf-madinas-00-03: (with COMMENT)

Kudos to my friend Eric.
How lucky madinas chairs so they have such a nice AD who replies and resolves all comments on the charter.

Behcet

On Thu, Sep 9, 2021 at 4:32 AM Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <evyncke=[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hello Ben,

OLD TEXT

NEW TEXT

Regards

-éric

-----Original Message-----
From: iesg <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> on behalf of Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Reply-To: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Wednesday, 8 September 2021 at 21:03
To: The IESG <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Benjamin Kaduk's Yes on charter-ietf-madinas-00-03: (with COMMENT)

--
Madinas mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/madinas