Subject: [Madinas] Martin Vigoureux's No Objection on charter-ietf-madinas-00-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Martin Vigoureux via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2021 05:42:05 -0700

Martin Vigoureux has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-madinas-00-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-madinas/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

the first document will include requirements, but it is not entirely clear from
the charter description when will requirement work be done and for what
purpose? Is it to identify the relevant identifiers, to prepare solution work
in case there is a gap somewhere, ...? It's not critical but a clarification
would help.

-m

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 09:12:07 +0000

Bonjour Martin

Thank you for your review.

I have discussed with the MADINAS chairs and we will update the charter by replacing "An Informational Use Cases and Requirements document" with "An Informational use cases and identity requirements document". 

The MADINAS charter does not include any protocol work and the identity requirements are really the outcome of the use cases to better understand the problem for those use cases.

Hope this helps and happy to discuss further during the telechat

-éric

-----Original Message-----
From: Madinas <[email-masked]> on behalf of Martin Vigoureux via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Vigoureux, Martin (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, 8 September 2021 at 14:42
To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Madinas] Martin Vigoureux's No Objection on charter-ietf-madinas-00-03: (with COMMENT)

    Hi

    -m

    -- 
    Madinas mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/madinas

---

From: Martin Vigoureux <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 12:18:51 +0200

Bonjour Eric,

thank you for your answer. I think that would work. Also I think I was 
partially confused by the order in which the documents are listed in the 
charter, which is not the same order than the milestones (which I had 
overlooked).

Just to confirm, it will thus be requirements on properties an 
identifier or a set of identifiers should/must/may have such that the 
scenarios/UCs continue to work with RDM, correct?
And the analysis in (ii) will most surely be made by evaluating 
identifiers against these reqs, correct?

-m

---

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 11:09:20 +0000

Martin

Indeed you are correct on all the points in the second part of your reply. I will edit the charter to align the order of work items and milestones (if possible)

-éric

-----Original Message-----
From: "Vigoureux, Martin (Nokia - FR/Paris-Saclay)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, 9 September 2021 at 12:19
To: Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>, The IESG <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Madinas] Martin Vigoureux's No Objection on charter-ietf-madinas-00-03: (with COMMENT)

    Bonjour Eric,

    -m