Subject: [Madinas] questions on draft-henry-madinas-framework

From: Joey S <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 18:11:34 +0100

Hi Madinas,

Following up on the IETF 111 session, I would like to request
clarification on 2 points regarding 'REQ8  Identify a secure
mechanism for the device to notify the network prior to update the
MAC address' prior to supporting adoption of
draft-henry-madinas-framework;

what are the expected constrains of such mechanism?

what is its expected use?

Is there a risk for this mechanism to become a means for
flagging a device using randomized MACs and/or for it to turn
into a new type of UUID?

Additionally, reiterating from the 11 session discussion, I
oppose the text

'All devices in the home network trust each other.  Privacy
within the

Layer 2 domain is not a major concern.'

and look forward to the upcoming changes on the 'Trust Degree'
mapping.

Thank you,

--
Joey Salazar