Subject: [Madinas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-madinas-use-cases-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:00:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MAC Address Device Identification for Network and Application Services WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Randomized and Changing MAC Address Use Cases
        Authors         : Jerome Henry
                          Yiu L. Lee
	Filename        : draft-ietf-madinas-use-cases-01.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2022-02-22

Abstract:
   To limit the association between a device traffic and its user,
   client vendors have started implementing MAC address rotation.  When
   such rotation happens, some in-network states may break, which may
   affect network efficiency and the user experience.  At the same time,
   devices may continue sending other stable identifiers, defeating the
   MAC rotation purposes.  This document lists various network
   environements and a set of network services that may be affected by
   such rotation.  This document then examines settings and use cases
   where the user experience may be affected by in-network state
   disruption, and settings where other machine identifiers may expose
   the user privacy.  Last, this document examines solutions to maintain
   user privacy while preserving user quality of experience and network
   operation efficiency.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-madinas-use-cases/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-madinas-use-cases-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-madinas-use-cases-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts