Subject: [magma] Interop comment on mld-source-02

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:07:22 +0300 (EEST)

Hello,

Just one comment to this very concise draft.

One thing I'd like to see in this kind of changes that modify the required 
behaviour is how upgraded and non-upgraded MLD-implementing hosts 
interoperate with upgraded and non-upgraded MLD-implementing routers.

Clearly, certain messages (if the sending host used it's tentative 
link-local address, that is) some messages are discarded, but I'm not sure 
if that's a big deal.

Ie. "if I do this now but can't expect all of the nodes be updated at 
once, will I shoot myself in the foot?"

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma