Subject: [magma] I-D ACTION:draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-ssm-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:59:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Using IGMPv3 and MLDv2 For Source-Specific Multicast
	Author(s)	: H. Holbrook, B. Cain, B. Haberman
	Filename	: draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-ssm-06.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 2004-2-18
	
The Internet Group Management Protocol Version 3 (IGMPv3) and the
Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol Version 2 (MLDv2) are protocols
that allow a host to inform its neighboring routers of its desire to
receive IPv4 and IPv6 multicast transmissions, respectively.  Source-
Specific Multicast (SSM) is a form of multicast in which a receiver is
required to specify both the network-layer address of the source and the
multicast destination address in order to receive the multicast
transmission.  This document defines the notion of an 'SSM-aware' router
and host, and clarifies and, in some cases, modifies the behavior of
IGMPv3 and MLDv2 on SSM-aware routers and hosts to accomodate source-
specific multicast.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-ssm-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-ssm-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-ssm-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.