Subject: [magma] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:16:27 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multicast Router Discovery
	Author(s)	: B. Haberman, J. Martin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2004-7-20
	
The concept of IGMP snooping requires the ability to identify the
location of multicast routers.  Since snooping is not standardized,
there are many mechanisms in use to identify the multicast routers.
However, this can lead to interoperability issues between multicast
routers and snooping switches from different vendors.

This document introduces a general mechanism that allows for the
discovery of multicast routers.  This new mechanism, Multicast
Router Discovery (MRD), introduces a standardized means of
identifying multicast routers without a dependency on particular
multicast routing protocols.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-mrdisc-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma