Subject: [magma] Zero source ip-address for reports

From: Koen Vermeulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:49:00 +0200

Hello,

I currently have a problem where a router which has IGMP configured, is
dropping reports with source ip address 0.0.0.0. These reports are sent by
an IGMP snooping switch which has implemented proxy-reporting.

The IGMPv3 RFC is quite clear about this issue: a router must accept
zero-source IGMP reports. Although, this is a quite widely-deployed
router and I was expecting that this router would follow the RFC.

I have been browsing through the magma archives, and found a threat
discussing this problem. However, I don't have the impression that a
conclusion was reached.

Could anyone give me some more information concerning this problem?

Thanks,
Koen

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma