Subject: [magma] Question on igmpv3 exclude mode (take 2)

From: Ferry Sutanto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:33:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys,

I have a question in regards to igmpv3 (rfc 3376), hopefully this is the 
right place.

In the rfc section 6.4.1, Reception of current-state reports on multicast 
router, there is a table which says the
following:

router state   report recv'd  new router state
-----------------------------------------------
include (a)    is_ex(b)       exclude(a*b, b-a)

Say that set 'a' and 'b' has the same element: source list 10.1.1.1.

The above table made igmp suggest to the router to forward (a*b) which is 
10.1.1.1. What is the design rationale behind this ?

Thanks!!

Ferry

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:55:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi Ferry,
   As long as there is at least one host in the network which is interested 
in ths source (the host which created the INCLUDE(a) state in the first 
place) the router has to forward the packets into that network.

Cheers
Suresh

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Ferry Sutanto wrote:

>
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a question in regards to igmpv3 (rfc 3376), hopefully this is the right 
> place.
>