Subject: [magma] State of multicast traceroute and ping

From: "Chen, Weijing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:36:13 -0600

Maybe someone can help me out:

1)       The fate of draft-ietf-idmr-traceroute-ipm-xx.txt?  Dead or
became RFC?  I have searched RFC repository and found nothing related to
this draft.

2)       Is the mtrace good enough in intradomain, e.g. PIM-SM, PIM-SSM,
etc?  Do most routers today support mtrace?

3)       Any multicast ping tool from receiver to source in intradomain
available?

4)   If no to above 1, 2, 3, does it mean that there is no need for
multicast traceroute and ping?  Why?

Thanks.

 

--

Weijing Chen

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma