Subject: [magma] draft-ietf-magma-mgmd-mib-06.txt comments

From: Karl Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:43:10 -0500

Julian,

Thanks for your changes to the MGMD MIB as the issues I brought up were 
addressed. I have a few comments on the new MIB.

1. The mgmdHostInterfaceVersion3Robustness object should have the 
robustness range of (1..255).

2. Based on the mgmdRouterInterfaceEntry sequence, the 
mgmdRouterInterfaceStartupQueryInterval object should be defined as { 
mgmdRouterInterfaceEntry 18 } and the mgmdRouterInterfaceStartupQueryCount 
object should be defined as { mgmdRouterInterfaceEntry 17 }.

3. The mgmdRouterInterfaceStartupQueryInterval should default to 1/4 the 
default query interval (31) rather than the default query interval value 
(125).

4. The mgmdRouterInterfaceQueryInterval and 
mgmdRouterInterfaceStartupQueryInterval ranges must be modified to start 
at 1 so that they are non-zero as mentioned in the description. You 
probably should remove that statement from the description once this is 
done as it would now be enforced syntactically.

5. The description for mgmdRouterCacheExcludeModeExpiryTimer should have 
the word node changed to router.

6. Ths mgmdHostSrcListExpire object has no meaning and should be removed 
as hosts don't keep source timers or keep include & exclude lists 
simultaneously.

7. The mgmdRouterSrcListExpire object description should indicate the 
purpose of the source timer for included sources rather than describing 
the object as just a boolean state.

Regards,
Karl
_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma