Subject: [magma] Help needed on Multicast group management

From: Dulantha Wilarachchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:10:01 +0600

Dear All

I'm doing a research on Multicasting group management and security

So I need some real guide lines to start with.

Could someone guide me through the existing work on this area and where the
multicast group management fails

Thank you

Regards
Dulantha
_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: "Suresh Kannan.D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:53:51 +0530

Hi All,

In IGMPv2 Querier election process, if current querier receives an igmp
group specific query with lower IP address from some guy ( lets say manually
generated packet by packet generator) , should the current igmp querier
consider this packet in election process and should move non-querier state
himself ?.

Thanks,
Regards,
Suresh kannan.

---

From: Greg Daley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:09:57 +1100

Hi Suresh,

Suresh Kannan.D wrote:
> group specific query with lower IP address from some guy ( lets say 
> manually generated packet by packet generator) , should the current igmp 
> querier consider this packet in election process and should move 
> non-querier state himself ?.

This is the way it works in MLDv1/v2.

It can be to any address listened to by the querier.

We've got an expired draft and a paper on this issue somewhere...

Greg Daley