Subject: [magma] RFC 4541 on Considerations for Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) Snooping Switches

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:08:04 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4541

        Title:      Considerations for Internet Group Management 
                    Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener Discovery 
                    (MLD) Snooping Switches 
        Author:     M. Christensen, K. Kimball,
                    F. Solensky
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       May 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 38555
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-magma-snoop-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4541.txt

This memo describes the recommendations for Internet Group Management
Protocol (IGMP) and Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD) snooping
switches.  These are based on best current practices for IGMPv2,
with further considerations for IGMPv3- and MLDv2-snooping.  Additional
areas of relevance, such as link layer topology changes and
Ethernet-specific encapsulation issues, are also considered.  This memo 
provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma