Subject: [magma] RFC 4604 on Using Internet Group Management Protocol Version 3 (IGMPv3) and Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol Version 2 (MLDv2) for Source-Specific Multicast

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:51:50 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4604

        Title:      Using Internet Group Management Protocol 
                    Version 3 (IGMPv3) and Multicast Listener 
                    Discovery Protocol Version 2 (MLDv2) for 
                    Source-Specific Multicast 
        Author:     H. Holbrook, B. Cain,
                    B. Haberman
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23370
        Updates:    RFC3376, RFC3810
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-ssm-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4604.txt

The Internet Group Management Protocol Version 3 (IGMPv3) and the
Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol Version 2 (MLDv2) are protocols
that allow a host to inform its neighboring routers of its desire to
receive IPv4 and IPv6 multicast transmissions, respectively.
Source-specific multicast (SSM) is a form of multicast in which a
receiver is required to specify both the network-layer address of the
source and the multicast destination address in order to receive the
multicast transmission.  This document defines the notion of an
"SSM-aware" router and host, and clarifies and (in some cases)
modifies the behavior of IGMPv3 and MLDv2 on SSM-aware routers and
hosts to accommodate source-specific multicast.  This document updates
the IGMPv3 and MLDv2 specifications.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state
and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma