Subject: [magma] windowx xp igmpv3

From: "K T" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 22:43:49 +0000

Hi,

I am using Linux 2.6 kernel as IGMPv3 Router connected to Windows XP machine 
acting as a IGMPv3 Client.  When I start Videolan player client to play a 
video from a particular video server (by selecting source specific filtering 
IP) it sends a IGMPv3 report to linux IGMPv3 router and video plays fine.

But, when I stop the video, XP machines sends IGMPv3 report with 
BLOCK_OLD_SOURCES. Then, LInux router sends a group-source specific query to 
the XP machine for which XP machine reponds again withe same message sayign 
BLOCK_OLD_SOURCE.   Is this the right way of doing?  I thought once you send 
a group-source spefici query and if the client machine is not using that 
multicast group it should not even respond to this query.  That way LInux 
machine can clean up its state for that multicast group.  BTW, I am trying 
to  do IGMP proxying at router interface of linux.

Can you please repond with your opinion.

Thank you
BC

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks by style, 
age, and price. Try it! 
http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8000,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200601&tcode=wlmtagline

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: Cao Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 10:47:17 +0800

Hi,
  Maybe the second one is a re-trasmitted message. 

  In section 5.1 of IGMPv3(Action on Change of Interface State):
     To cover the possibility of the State-Change Report being missed by
     one or more multicast routers, it is retransmitted [Robustness
     Variable] - 1 more times, at intervals chosen at random from the
     range (0, [Unsolicited Report Interval]).
   
  And by default, the value of Robutsness Varible is 2.

Cao Wei