Subject: [magma] DVMRP question

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Dec 2006 22:40:30 +0100

Hello,
Anybody can please tell me where is DVMRP described. As far as I know RFC 1075 initially describing this protocol is not valid any more. I have seen some draft documents covering this topic created by Mr. T. Pusateri. The last that I found is draft-ietf-idmr-dvmrp-v3-11.txt. Can anybody please tell me whether it is the newest and the right document describing current status of DVMRP?
Thanks in advance
Tomasz Bartczak

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Najlepszy prezent dla najlepszego mezczyzny?
Wygrywaj swiateczne prezenty na http://link.interia.pl/f19d7   >>

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: "Marshall Eubanks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:49:28 -0500

I would move this conversation to Mboned or PIM (depending on your
interest) as MAGMA is largely dormant. DVMRP is not used much, so I am
not sure that

> Anybody can please tell me where is DVMRP described. As far as I know RFC 1075 initially describing this protocol is not valid any more. I have seen some draft documents covering this topic created…

The status of DVRMP is mostly historic - this draft is intended to be
infomational.
The draft is under IESG evaluation -

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=1615&rfc_flag=0
(or http://tinyurl.com/ymaoq5 )

and
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=1615&rfc_flag=0
(or http://tinyurl.com/yffkfm )

show that the current (2006-07-20) state of this document is
IESG Evaluation::Revised ID Needed . I do not think that there are
plans to push this through rapidly.

If you want to implement it
draft-ietf-idmr-dvmrp-v3-11.txt needs some implementations, so I would
encourage you to use that, but RFC 1075 certainly works.

You might also want to look at  draft-ietf-idmr-dvmrp-v3-as-01 and

I suspect that at this point Tom might want some assistance, so if
this is really important to you, you might consider volunteering to
help with the new draft.

Regards
Marshall