Subject: [magma] Query regarding MLD Host Compatibility

From: "Rajib Karmakar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:23:49 +0530

----------------begin
paste----------------------------------------------------------
RFC 3810   Section 8.2.1.  In the Presence of MLDv1 Routers

   The Host Compatibility Mode of an interface is set to MLDv1 whenever
   an MLDv1 Multicast Address Listener Query is received on that
   interface.  At the same time, the Older Version Querier Present timer
   for the interface is set to Older Version Querier Present Timeout
   seconds.  The timer is re-set whenever a new MLDv1 Query is received
   on that interface.  If the Older Version Querier Present timer
   expires, the host switches back to Host Compatibility Mode of MLDv2.
----------------end
paste----------------------------------------------------------

Does MLDv1 Multicast Address Listener Query as mentioned in line no. 2 in
the above extract
refer to MLDv1 Multicast-Address-Specific Query or any MLDv1 Query?

Regards,
Rajib
_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma