Subject: Re: [Manet-dt] Packet Format Document - index start/stop for message tlvs

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 07:47:19 -0800

Comments inline.

<snip>

> >I noticed the index-start and index-stop are always there even for
> >single index tlvs. For msg-tlvs these aren't really needed. What was
> >the motivation of always including these two fields?
>
> Common parsing logic.

I think we should discuss whether to include the start/stop for
message tlv. I'm not sure it is worth the 2 byte overhead for each
message-tlv. I'd like to discuss it.  I don't think it would impact
the parser logic very much either way.

Are you open to discussing it or do you feel strongly that the fields
should remain for message-tlvs?

Ian

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt