Subject: [Manet-dt] msg-header-info

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:19:10 -0800

Currently msg-header-info is only included if the LSB is unset (0).

I would like to see some additional options for msg-header-info.

  msg-header-info has several functions, can we separate the  
functionality?

Perhaps
00 - orig-add, ttl, hopcnt, msg-seq-num - duplicate detection +  
forwarding control + distance
01 - ttl, hopcnt - forwarding control + distance
10 - ttl - forwarding control
11 - none

For RREQ/RREP messages in DYMO, ttl & hopcount are important for  
forwarding control and distance information. For RERR, ttl is  
important for forwarding control.

I've considered other ways to implement DYMO like functionality. We  
could add ttl & hopcount as message TLVs. I am not totally against  
this option, but I would like to discuss the options for the common  
format.

Can anyone think of a cleaner breakdown of functionality for msg- 
header-info or another way to implement DYMO like functionality?

Ian

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt