Subject: [Manet-dt] msg-semantics & msg-header-info = originator-address, ttl, hop-count, and msg-seq-number

From: Ian Chakeres <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 14:43:11 -0800

I'd like to start up the discussion on msg-semantics and msg-header- 
info again.

How do people feel about using more bits in msg-semantics to identify  
the information contained in the msg-header-info?

For example, if we use 4 bits in the msg-semantics we can specify  
which of the four fields in msg-header-info (originator-address, ttl,  
hop-count, and msg-seq-number) are contained in the msg.

For DYMO I think that TTL is a necessity. In DYMO, originator- 
address, hop-count and msg-seq-number (in the msg-header-info) may or  
may not be used. It is still up for discussion.

Instead of creating a msg-tlv TTL I would rather use the msg-header- 
info field and have all nodes implementing the common packet format  
understand how to process the generic header.

Ian

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt