Subject: RE: [Manet-dt] MANET Neighborhood Discovery

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:52:29 +0100

> No, we're not hard set on the name ;)

Obviously there are two aspects to the name. One is the
OLSRv2 part, which like the packetbb ID, will go (from
the title, obviously there will still be internal references
to OLSR, from which the mechanism derives) when it becomes
a general purpose protocol. (Actually, it already is in all
but name, but we kept the OLSRv2 name on this draft to help
traceability. There's also one little detail of a forward
reference to OLSRv2 - regarding the VALIDITY_TIME TLV - to
tidy up.)

The trickier part is the Neighborhood Discovery part of the
name. On the one hand I (and I'm speaking personally now)
quite like the name, it's a generalisation (in some sense)
of neighbor discovery. But on the other hand it is quite a
different beast from Neighbor Discovery, the neighborhoods
found are not ethernet-like. At least one person has
requested a name (any name) that doesn't have the
abbreviation ND, to avoid confusion.

As it says in the bugtracker: really cool name wanted ...

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt

---

From: Brian Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:35:06 -0400

We could do something like NHDP  to differentiate from Neighbor Discovery ...

-- 
Brian

Brian Adamson
<[email-masked]>

---

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:58:05 -0700

I agree with Brian that there should be a 'H' in the acronym and
"hood" in the name.

Should we include BB in the name/acronym?

Ian