Subject: [Manet-dt] OLSRv2 NHDP comments

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:42:14 -0700

Thomas et. all. - The OLSRv2 ND document looks great. I am really impressed.

Here are a few comments.

I would like to change the name of HELLO messages to something else. 
How about neighborhood message (hood message) or neighborhood
advertisement (NHA). Not nearly as catchy but a bit more descriptive.

As mentioned before, ND is an overloaded term. Perhaps MANET
neighborhood building block (hoodBB) would be a good term. What do you
think?

MIN_INTERVAL. I think this should be a SHOULD. If a node knows
something is really important I think it should be allowed to transmit
faster than MIN_INTERVAL, plus it isn't required for interoperability.

Should we limit hoodBB to 2-hop neighborhoods? Is there something
fundamentally different if we allow more than 2-hop neighborhood
discovery?

Is there any motivation behind the parameters (Section 7 Proposed
Values)? What happens if they aren't all set to the same value? Can
you elaborate a little on the various parameters interactions with
each other or dependence on one another too?

Does the hoodBB require a link local multicast other than all MANET routers?

I'm going to start up another thread on security.

Ian

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt