Subject: RE: [Manet-dt] Link local Multicast Address - MANET Routers

From: "Dearlove, Christopher (UK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:31:17 +0100

Yes. (Two of course, one for IPv4, one for IPv6.)

It would also be good to agree a name, which we can use in IDs,
which could be a faster action. We used ALL-MANET-NEIGHBORS in
the ND/NDHP document, but others have used similar, but slightly
different, names. (Are hyphens or underscores usual practice
here?)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Chakeres [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 15 April 2006 23:05
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Manet-dt] Link local Multicast Address - MANET Routers

               *** WARNING ***

This mail has originated outside your organization,
either from an external partner or the Global Internet.

     Keep this in mind if you answer this message.

Now that we have a common packet building block, and will soon have a
common neighborhood discovery building block, I think it is pretty
natural to use a common multicast address for reaching link-local
MANET routers. Please reply if you support this common multicast
address being allocated.

If I receive support I will start moving on this.

Ian Chakeres

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt

---

From: "Ian Chakeres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:51:39 -0700

I think "MANET Routers" is appropriate - this naming scheme would fit
with existing routing protocols. If anyone is in disagreement, please
let me know.

http://www.iana.org/assignments/multicast-addresses
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-multicast-addresses

Ian