Subject: [Manet-dt] New WG I-D: Jitter?

From: Thomas Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:13:08 +0200

Folks,

As we discussed on the MANET wg meeting in Prague, we'd like to move  
draft-clausen-manet-jitter-01.txt to a WG document, intended for  
publication with informational status.

Each of NHDP, SMF, OLSRv2 and DYMO refer to different overlapping  
subsets of the jitter considerations (for example, NHDP messages are  
1-hop only and thus NHDP does not refer to forwarding jitter, whereas  
OLSRv2 has messages beyond 1-hop and, thus, forwarding jitter  
considerations apply).

The primary objective in moving the jitter text into its own document  
is to allow the other documents (NHDP, SMF, OLSRv2, DYMO) to refer to  
one document with coherent jitter considerations, rather than to  
replicate text between them or to nominate one protocol as  
"container" and have it include jitter considerations which would not  
directly be applicable to that protocol.

The authors of draft-clausen-manet-jitter-01.txt feel that this  
version is close to finished.

Note that the content of draft-clausen-manet-jitter-01.txt are  
generalized from those in RFC3626, and that the exact text in draft- 
clausen-manet-jitter-01.txt is currently replicated in both draft- 
ietf-manet-nhdp-02 and in draft-ietf-manet-olsrv2-03. If you've read  
either of these two I-Ds, you've also read what is in draft-clausen- 
manet-jitter-01.txt.

-- 
Thomas Clausen
[email-masked]
http://www.ThomasClausen.org
http://www.lix.polytechnique.fr/hipercom/

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt