Subject: [Manet-dt] Question and Comment on OLSRv2-03

From: mase <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:33:01 +0900

Dear Thomas and all,

I have some questions and comments on OLSRv2-03 and NHDP-02.

1. Local interface block in NHDP
The following description
"The first address block of the Local Interface Block MUST contain 
the used address of the interface over which theHELLO message is 
transmitted." was deleted in the -02 draft.

Does this mean that the address must be included in the same order in 
all copies of a given HELLO message, regardless of which OLSRv2 
nterface it is transmitted on?

If so, the description in 9.2 of OLSRv2 -03 should be modified 
because there is now no clear distinction in terms of the order of 
addresses in the first address block between HELLO and TC messages.

2. Attached networks in OLSRv2

One of the main changes from -02 to -03 is "Local attached network 
advertisement may be delegated to MPRs."

To do this, information on local attached network of a node is 
advertised in the Local  Interface Block of the HELLO messages. 
However, it is not clear which information base is poplulated  when 
this information is received by a MPR of this node. It is also not 
clear how this information is carried by TC messages of the MPR. Does 
the first address block or other address block of TC messages carry 
this information? If the latter, It is also needed to modifiy 13.1.3 
of OLSRv2-03 since the gateway to the attached network is not the MPR 
itself but the original node with the attaced network.

Am I missing something?

I also have a question with reagard to attached network advertisement 
in HELLO messages. Why may attached networks with dist>0 not be 
advertized in HELLO messages?

3. "Local Attached Neighbor Tuple" in 12 of OLSRv2-03 should be 
"Local Attached Nework Tuple".

Thanks,
Kenichi

_______________________________________________
Manet-dt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet-dt