Subject: Re: Working Group Issue

From: [email-masked] (Joseph P. Macker)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 09:36:51 -0400

Joshua:

Good to hear from you.  I just wanted to clarify I didn't write the excerpt
you included below,(you e-mail automatically tagged my name as the author)
that was Joel Halpern's comment to which I responded that people where
working alot on the side and probably will likely be more open with
techniques when this is an official group of some sort.

>Joseph P. Macker wrote:
>> >One symptom that has contributed to my not feeling that this is ready
>> >for engineering is the fact that I have not seen ANY discussion of any
>> >of the proposals on the mailing list.  If there is not sufficient
>> >community interest and understanding to get discussion going, I tend
>> >to be doubtful about the overall effort.
>> >I first noticed this problem with the Nimrod work, which should have been
>> >research.
>
>        I get the feeling that no-one really wants to let much information out
>about their methods, research, .. etc.. but I would like to offer a
>dozen or so Linux based hackers with some wireless units to try to
>implement any system that is available.

This sounds good.  Having several prototype implementations is very good
for a standards engineering effort.
-joe