Subject: Re: Working Group Issue

From: Rohit Dube <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:18:16 -0500

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996 00:57:37 -0400 [email-masked] writes:
=>- Link Reversal/Hybrid routing approach
=>- WINGS Routing approach
=>- Demand driven dynamic source routing
=>- Ad Hoc Distance Vector protocols

Hi,

I have seen the later 2 but not WINGS or Hybrid routing. (At the very
least I don't recall the names).

=>
=>FYI, I know of some mobile routing/networking experts who are interested in
=>participation who are not presently on the mailing list.  Also, there are
=>probably other worthy candidate frameworks which I have not mentioned.
=>(e.g., CK Toh's work?, clustered OSPF (BBN)?).

Again I am not aware of the clustered OSPF work. Is it related to
"A Cluster-based Approach for Routing in Ad-Hoc Networks", USENIX 96.

I was wondering if you could give out URLs pointing to
some writeups on these approaches.

People on the mailing list may also be interested in
"Signal Stability based Adaptive Routing (SSA) for Ad-Hoc Mobile Networks"
http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/mcml/tr/route.ps which is
an updated version of (Univ. of Maryland) UMIACS-TR-96-34 and has been
submitted for publication.

Comments would indeed be welcome ;-)

--rohit.