Subject: Re: Working Group Issue (fwd)

From: "M. Scott Corson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 20:01:22 -0500 (EST)

Well.  I guess everyone has read Joel's message.  If not, see below.

I'd like to arrange an "informal" meeting in San Jose on Wednesday.
That day is probably best, i.e. the one having the greatest overlap in 
everyone's schedules.  I'll put a note on the IETF message board when I 
figure out a place and time to meet, as well as posting a message 
to this list.

See ya then,

-Scott

*******************************************************************************

M. Scott Corson                                 Institute for Systems Research
[email-masked]                              A.V. Williams Bldg. (115)
Phone: 301-405-6630 (Rm. 2205 AVW)              University of Maryland     
Fax:   301-314-8586                             College Park, MD  20742

*******************************************************************************

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 19:31:11 -0500 (EST)
From: Joel Halpern <[email-masked]>
To: "Joseph P. Macker" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Working Group Issue

It turns out the scheduling for Sna Jose is very bad.  We have upped the
number of slots to 8, and have filled them all.  Even if we upgraded this
work to a working group, we would not be able to get any meeting time.

I would like to suggest that if there is indeed need for a working group,
then I would expect to see discussion of alternatives, issues, and
protocols on the mailing list.

Yours, apologetically,
Joel M. Halpern				[email-masked]
Newbridge Networks Inc.